[aprssig] Designating HOME Igates

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Jun 18 16:42:10 EDT 2005

That is how it is supposed to work (and does for many IGates).

> What if I'm running a tiny track instead, and tiny trak
> doesn't have any idea my wife send a message, so it won't
> generate an ACK.... will the IGATE still allow the next
> position my tiny track sends out on RF?

No, the posit gated to RF is associated with the message (in this case,
the ACK message).  This is where something like I described which is a
server that would generate a unnumbered (no ack) message for that
station would be handy.  In looking at it, that server wouldn't have to
send a posit as the IGate should have (and javAPRSSrvr on filter ports
does have) at least a 30 minute history of posits.  This would prevent
reintroduction of posits to the Internet.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net