[aprssig] Designating HOME Igates

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 17 20:58:20 EDT 2005

Yes, this is because I think the IGates only send the
courtesy position once without listening for confirmation
that it got digipeated.   and if it collides,
it is lost until maybe the next retry 30 minutes
later if the QSO is still in progress...    Bob

>>> snslay at swbell.net 06/17/05 8:05 PM >>>
Do you know if this is supposed to work with all I-gate software, or just
some of them?

I have sent many messages from RF, through an IGate, over the APRS-IS, out
another IGate to RF and have never seen the position of the far end station.
Nor, has my position been seen at the far end RF station that I know of.

Just wondering,

Steve Slay
KC5MVY
Where am I now?  http://tinyurl.com/i4ia
See the weather RADAR  http://tinyurl.com/i4i7
Try this one http://tinyurl.com/i3ni
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the
former."    Albert Einstein