[aprssig] Designating HOME Igates

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Fri Jun 17 17:52:00 EDT 2005

This has been hashed and re-hashed ad nauseum.  This is a veiled attempt
at trying to have source routing on APRS-IS.  It will not work with
server-side filtering since all messages are not seen on a filtered port
(nor should they be seen).  It takes control of the IGate away from the
sysop and gives it to any Tom, Dick, or Harry that wants to flood an
area with packets.  Not something that is going to show up in
javAPRSSrvr.

If you want your position to show up for some amateur radio operator to
see in a remote area, send them a message!  If you want it to show up on
RF in a remote area just so a non-ham can see it, read the rules about
broadcasting to the general public!

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net