[aprssig] Universal digi path

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Fri Jun 17 15:01:47 EDT 2005

I'm not aware of a "user-initiated" Gate-to-RF mechanism, and I somehow
doubt that exists.  However, if you know an IGate operator in your home
area, you can make a special request to have him/her specifically gate your
traveller call back to RF.
I do this fairly regularly when there's a SAR exercise that puts some of the
teams out of reach of "central control" (some of these exercises are way out
there). They'll set up a temporary IGate where they are (sometimes using
dial-up), and send me a list of callsigns involved. I'll gate them back to
RF for the duration of the exercise, and the central control station is
direct from me.

The key is that you need to find one of the local IGate owners in your area
who is willing (and able, some gates are 1-way) to set it up for you.

Brad.
VE3BSM