[aprssig] D700 halfstolen HEAD dead problem

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Sat Jun 11 09:36:43 EDT 2005

I've gotten some good suggestions. One that the cable is still bad, the
other that the 5vdc surface mount fuse on the mother board is blown.

I have two other D700s. So I took one of the other GOOD Panel cables and
tried it.  No joy.

Checked all the wire pins etc. Must be the cable got shorted when the cretin
tried to pull it out.

I've taken the radio out, opened it up... Can't find anything that looks
like a surface fuse near the panel connector on the mother board.

I downloaded what was supposed to be the service manual for the D700 from
the .dk web site.  The manual is 81 pages long, but only 53 in the file...
The diagrams are missing.

Any ideas what/where the fuse looks like?

Thanks in advance

Kent
KQ4KK
703-494-3063