[aprssig] D700 halfstolen dead problem

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Wed Jun 8 12:34:20 EDT 2005

There is a small surface mount fuse on the main D700 board that provides power
to the display head. Try replacing that fuse. If you talk to Kenwood they can
provide the replacement fuse for a few dollars. It's surface mount, about
1206 size, so be prepared to work with that.

I had a friend whose fuse blew when the control cable got chaffed through. We
replaced the fuse and it still didn't work. I ended up just using a small ATO
fuse and wire jumpers inside the D700 body and it worked fine. IIRC the
voltage regulator inside the control head is just a simple LM7805.

-Jim KB0THN