[aprssig] IGATE delays

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 7 13:43:23 EDT 2005

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> ww6jc is running UIview.... does anyone have any idea what could be
> causing these delays?  I'm befuddled!

There's one igate in our area that does similar things, and it
really drives you nuts if you're watching the incoming packets while
carrying on a messaging QSO on frequency.  Messages and ack's from
that igate come by on RF several minutes after the ack's have
already completed directly on RF.  In this particular case it's an
Xastir station, but I don't know if it's due to a slow PC or due to
some delayed feed that he's hooked to.