[aprssig] KPC3+

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Tue Jun 7 00:56:17 EDT 2005

Yes, the KPC3+ V9.0 will work as a digi.  The problem is that it will not do
dupe checking when using the WIDEn-N path.  This is presently a drawback to
their latest version of an otherwise great TNC.  Version 8.3 does the dupe
checking correctly.

I think what Bob is saying is that he is working on Kantronics to get them
to release an updated version that will have this dupe check problem fixed.

If yours does not digipeat and you set it up correctly, then your unit has a
problem.  I would suggest doing a hard reset and seeing what that does for
you.  I have seen some KPC3's do some strange things at times but the
problem has always cleared after doing a hard reset.  You can check our web
site below for our recommended settings for KPC3 TNC's for the new paradigm
set up.

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.org