[aprssig] AO-Echo satellite

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jun 4 10:21:04 EDT 2005

Yes, ECHO wont support it because they have not turned
on the digipeating bit.  The ability to digipeat is built
into the PACSAT protocol that has been used on all
AMSATS going back over 15 years.  It has been
truned on on UO-22, IO-26, AO-16 and others.  There
is no unsurmountable technical reason why they cannot
enable ECHO for UI digipeating if they really wanted to,
Especially now
that we have thousands of D7 and D700's that can use
the 9600 baud transponder front panel to front panel.
The feeling I get is that they just dont see any value in
it.  and so it is not high on their priority list.

Bob
>>> kf4otn at ericsatcom.net 06/04/05 10:07 AM >>>
You sure Bob?  I was told, when I asked, that the software would only
support PACSAT protocol and would not support the digipeating of UI
packets.

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn at amsat.org
http://www.ericsatcom.net

Project OSCAR Member
AMSAT-NA Member: 35360
AMSAT Eastern North Carolina Area Coordinator

Bruninga