[aprssig] Help with old TNC please

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Fri Jun 3 04:11:10 EDT 2005

Steve Look schreef:

> I have run across an old Heath HD-4040 TNC-1 with the WB6ECE KISS
> eprom in it. Is there a way to test it with a terminal program? I
> tried connecting it to UIView as KISS but didn't see any indication of
> activity. I know... it's really old, but if it works....
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Look
> KA9SZW
> Monticello, IL
> Piatt Co. ARRL EC
> Ubiquitous Radio Club Trustee

Any kiss tnc can be monitored with a terminal program but you will need
the correct baud rate of the rs232 port and recieving packet.
you probably won´t be able to read the headers that way but you can read
the information in the frames.

if the dcd lights but no data comes out of the rs232 port it is most
likely broken.

73 de Andre PE1RDW