[aprssig] Re: WinAPRS mobile

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Thu Jun 2 16:59:23 EDT 2005

I don't have an answer for the original poster, but will take the
opportunity to pile on: for some time now I've been wanting a
PDA-sized APRS client to use in my various vehicles. I'd be more
than happy for it to be receive only - I have a tracker that
I move around already - but I'd really like to be able to see
a map with APRS activity around me. I don't think that the D7/D700/HamHUD
are really sufficient for my interest.

The Compaq/HP units are pretty cheap, pretty powerful, and have
a decent display. Does WinAPRS or Xastir run on them? Do they
have enough audio capability to run a "audio card TNC"?  I don't
have religious issues about if the unit is running PocketPC or Linux.

73 de chris KG6VYD