TRACEx-x RE: [aprssig] God save us!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 2 16:01:19 EDT 2005

>but between the increased load from growth of
>APRS and the abuses both ignorant and malicious of
>large values of n, TRACEn-n support is going
>away, as is support for large values of n for WIDEn-n.

But under this New-N system, ALL paths using WIDEn-N
will be fully traced.  Thus we will have a network that
can be analyzed perfectly.  No, it is harder to trace
beyond 2 or 3  hops, but then again, that is not your
network anymore.   Beyond that range it belongs to
the users there..., not where you are.

de Wb4APR, Bob