[aprssig] Win APRS Mobile

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Wed Jun 1 21:57:30 EDT 2005

It'd certainly be able to help with the packet size problems.  I have no
immediate plans for mailbox support, but there's no reason it couldn't do
that.  For an embedded version you wouldn't want the SD/MMC socket, but
there might be a solderable alternative.  I can't find it now, but I think
Hitachi made a flash chip that had the same interface as the MMC.  I'll be
looking for something like that if I ever build a version of the board for
Cubesat use.  I suppose for use in a mobile rig you could live with
installing the card in a socket and securing it with a bit of glue so it
didn't vibrate loose.

So how does the radio talk to the TNC internally?  In the DR-135 I don't
think that's an issue, because the radio doesn't do anything with the TNC
itself.

Scott
N1VG