[aprssig] Win APRS Mobile

Ian ik7565 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 1 21:46:39 EDT 2005

Couple of concerns listed at http://www.elcom.gr/sv2agw/hardware.htm

73, Ian N8IK

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of scott at opentrac.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:25 PM
To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'; rgilson at adelphia.net
Subject: RE: [aprssig] Win APRS Mobile

Is the TNC board in the D700 the same as that in the DR-135?  Does anyone
know how the APRS functions integrate with the TNC?

I'm considering the possibility of building a version of my ARM-based TNC
that'd work as a drop-in replacement for at least the TNC in the DR-135.  If
the D700 is similar, I imagine it ought to be able to build an interface
layer that would correct some of the APRS behavior of the radio.  It could
be made to translate new message formats into those understood by the D700,
for example.

Just a thought...

Scott
N1VG