[aprssig] Anyone reality checked Navteq/Google maps?

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Thu Jul 21 13:35:00 EDT 2005

Navteq reindexed Penobscot County Maine in mid 2004.  You'll find
K1XVM's findu page is 'off the road' by 1200 feet using the APRSworld
data.  I reported this to Navteq, GDT, Delorme, and to Garmin.  It's
a situation where they used Tigermaps and the folks at the Census
imported my road with an incorrect datum, that's my belief anyway.

Needless to say, the latest version of the data from 2004 has me ON
the road in Delorme SA2005 and Topo USA 5.  It should be correct on
Google maps.  Delorme also has our new interstate exit numbers and
the new exit that was added a year or two ago up here.  The data is
definitely getting better.

A friend of mine in NJ has found his data is upwards of 12 years+ old
in some places, roads don't exist or don't complete anymore, etc.

It varies from area to area.

By the way Delorme SHOULD be correct here, seeing as they're based in
Maine and whatnot. :-)

--Droo, K1XVM