[aprssig] APRSdos V863 Posit Text

Bill Bird billbird at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 19 21:51:07 EDT 2005

I'm still at a loss as to why I'm getting my comment overwritten on my posit
packet. Both aprssig replies thought I must be sending my GPS directly out
through my TNC.  This is not the case.  I'd still like help.

I am using two serial ports on my laptop (MS-Dos V6.00) but still have my posit
text overwritten.  One serial port (COM1) is for the TNC (MFJ-1276) and the
other serial port (COM2) is for the GPS (RS DigiTraveler). The APRSdos V863 must
be involved since it is assigned the two serial ports during program start-up.
I am using the default settings for APRSdos screen refresh and  GPS packet (30
and 180 seconds).  Everything works fine except the posit text I enter is
overwritten with something like:

GGA/NUL/APRS*/good GGA/A=0004880488

Thanks for taking another look at this,

Bill Bird