[aprssig] APRSdos V863 Posit Text

Bill Bird billbird at cal.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 13 11:21:46 EDT 2005

Bob,

It turns out I am using two serial ports on my laptop (MS-Dos V6.00) but still
have my posit text overwritten.  One serial port (COM1) is for the TNC
(MFJ-1276) and the other serial port (COM2) is for the GPS (RS DigiTraveler). I
am thinking that the APRSdos V863 must be involved since it is assigned the two
serial ports during start-up.  I am using the default settings for APRSdos
screen refresh and  GPS packet (30 and 180 seconds).  Everything works fine
except the posit text I enter is overwritten with something like:

GGA/NUL/APRS*/good GGA/A=0004880488

Thanks and 73,

Bill Bird
KG0YJ-2