[aprssig] battery charging

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Jul 12 12:35:46 EDT 2005

This is loosely related to APRS b/c I'm floating batteries at our
repeater site which is MIC-e capable.  We have a charger that has three
settings... normal, deep cycle and AGM.  What is the difference between
normal and deep cycle as far as float voltage goes?  The problem is that
the charger sometimes resets itself and it comes up with the default
setting of normal.  Is the charger switching to "normal" going to harm
the batteries?  It is a schumacher wm-1200a.

Wes