[aprssig] Object DENNI_ato Cannot Be Seen on RF Path

n2lbt at spamcop.net n2lbt at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 10 12:54:51 EDT 2005

Reverse gating of WX objects and WX Warnings on 1200 baud VHF that
pertain to your area are the duty of your LOCAL iGate system
operator. You should contact that operator and request this data if
it pertains to your area.

This data starts on the internet, travels on the internet and is only
gated carefully by those that choose to do such that are connected to
the internet. There was chaos when dozens of people were plotting
outdated, bogus hurricane data all over the place with no
coordination. Even worse, iGates reverse gating these objects to
areas the did not want, nor need the data.

Instead of ignoring the reality about 1200baud RF and complaining
like others, join the fun and have your club sponsor an iGate or join
the club that does sponsor it and give your feedback.

--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY