[aprssig] 9600? Faster?

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Jul 7 01:47:47 EDT 2005

At 11:46 PM 7/6/2005, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:
>We've been doing some experiments in So Cal with 9600 APRS.  Frequency in
>use here is 438.975.  Equipment generally being used on the
>digi/igate/home client end is the KPC 9612, and mobiles use D7/D700
>equipment.  Initial tests show that it works better than most people will
>tell you.  I'll keep you updated.

         Thanks, Phil.

         Might keep the LIST informed, and we might need to think about
trying to get one UHF frequency for the entire US, similar to 144.39, but
for 9600.  Might be a big chore, but "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info