[aprssig] Findu stats question

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jul 5 16:29:05 EDT 2005

>... Actually, I'm leaning toward PropNet for the
>home station and APRS when I'm mobile.

Actually with all the improvements in efficiency of
144.39 under the new N paradigm, I am actaully
beginning to see Band openiings on 144.39 that
I could never see before.

Before, with a lot of people 3 states away using
paths of 4-4, 5-5, 6-6 and 7-7, the map was
always showing a few stations from those
hundreds of miles away.    Now I never see
them EXCEPT when the band opens.

This DX visibilty is improved by 2 ways:

1) The channel is much less poluted, so there
are actually quiet periods when a DX packet can
get in...

2) Now the DX stations are using more sensible
paths of W2-2 that wont get here normally, but
when they do, its via TROPO...

Bob