[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 4 22:26:11 EDT 2005

>>> Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net>
>http://66.78.35.146/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=Kd5xb-2 )
>Well -- many of the 50 stations within 96 miles of me
>are in Amarillo, and there is NO path between them
>and me.

But that cannot be fixed by any value of WIDEn-N.
I'd suggest putting up a digi about half way near
Hereford TX and that should link your digi to them
and work well with 3 hops.

>look 96 miles west of me, I see NO human users,
>just a couple of digis.  The nearest human users
>that I can see with any regularity are in Roswell
>(just over 100 miles) and Albuquerque (220 miles).

But don't you see them with 3 hops or less?

> look at these pictures, they may tell the story.
> http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/elsie1/nodigis.png
> http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/elsie1/digis.png

If you can see that much on RF, I am envious.
The second link above shows you have a 200 mile ALOHA
circle and can see mobiles over 60,000 square miles without
congestion.  Most of us cant see more than about 60
miles or so...

You might want to monitor all stations heard and
verify that you can see 3  hop users in Albuquerque.
If so, then there is just not that much more to see
in NM.  Then add a digi towards Amarillo and Lubbock
and then you will be seeing everyone around you...

Bob