[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jul 4 17:43:37 EDT 2005

At 03:31 PM 7/4/2005, n2lbt at spamcop.net wrote:
>I don't think the new paradigm recommends a specific amount of hops.

         Then why is there so much commotion about using no more than
WIDE2-2 or WIDE3-3?

>Nor prevents anyone from using long directed paths. If you think you
>can break the laws of physics, and reliably communicate over 5 hops
>go for it. Now one will stop you, unless your packets are interfering
>with other areas as has been reported here in the past.

         Somebody reported ME interfering with other areas?  I'd like to
see the reports!

>  In which case they have the option to just budlist you at which point
> you can't get
>any further anyway.

         True enough, and that might happen and you'd never know it.  But
my main complaint is that I am no longer going to see other stations on MY
map.  Did you see my earlier message about how many stations I see?  I'm up
to 23 stations on my map now, with about 8 in New Mexico.  In my opinion,
my area is NOT congested, and doesn't need anything fixed.

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info