[aprssig] IGate test needed

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Jan 29 17:01:50 EST 2005

No, no.  From calls have no affect on objects.  When one station
transmits an object and another station then transmits an object with
the same object name, the new object takes over.  Of course, if the
first station transmits a new object with the same object name, the new
one takes over too.

Don't confuse originating station with object names.  They are two
totally different things.

There are some IGates still out there that do not support gating objects
by name.  It is because of these IGates that WXSVR uses the unique from
call.  If the desire is to maintain that level of compatibility, then
use the object name or something similar as the from call as long as it
is easily recognizable what the "station" is.  But still use objects so
it is obvious to the most casual observer that it is not an APRS
station.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net