[aprssig] IGate test needed

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jan 29 16:09:55 EST 2005

>>> spider at rivcom.net 01/29/05 3:13 PM >>>
>>> 90% of the Igates are not going to gate these objects.
>>
>> Lets wait and see.  I think the marriage of the local
>> situational awareness of APRS is a perfect application
>> for this.

>Maybe, but they are considered pretty much self serving objects.

Yes, providing Hams the info they need to communicate better.

>Think about why we are here as hams.
> Are we here to serve ourselves or are we here as a public service?

Anything that helps us communicate better is better for our
ability for public service...

>Objects such as the WL2K ...and the IRLP stuff only benefits
>ourselves as hams and really has no value as a public service.....

I reach exactly the opposite conclusion.  These objects and
these links, IRLP, EchoLink and WL2K all improve our
tool bag of communications abilities.  That makes of more value
to public service...

>f....what "value" are you bringing to the table with is new data?

Situational awareness of all Ham radio Communiations assets
within local range of a mobile.  I cannot think of anything
more important to a mobile or portable operator for his
ability to support public service...

de WB4APR, Bob

 And I think IRLP and EchoLink are a lot of the

STN4090>APRS,qAO,IRLPGW:!4233.15NI07608.55W0PHG8760.442.850Mhz+71.9IDLE______kb2faf