[aprssig] IGate test needed

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sat Jan 29 14:14:36 EST 2005

UI-View will gate any OBJECT that meets the APRS Spec.
For example;

GAGE-6>APFH2O,TCPIP*:
;09429030 *291742z3345.42N/11429.80Ww10.06gh/20cfs

 is easly gated to RF using;

094290030=OBJECT,1,SAR

in the Igate.ini  [Inet to RF] section.

Maybe, I missed the question bob was asking but the packet I saw looked like
I could gate it several ways.  My example is just one.

STN4090>APRS,qAO,IRLPGW:!4233.15NI07608.55W0PHG8760.442.850Mhz+71.9IDLE______kb2faf

I can gate this to port 1 by;

STN4090=OBJECT,1,SAR

Now, I do not know how these are being sent to the IS.  Again, my opinion,
if the IRLP program is sending these out individually, the callsign could be
the FROMcall and then the OBJECT NAME be something standard.      TCPIP*
should also be inserted by the program so it will not loop back to the IS.
THAT is a MUST that can NOT be overlooked!
For example:
WA6OFT>APRS,TCPIP*;IRLPXXXX yada yada...

Then we can gate on the OBJECT name and easily use a range filter on the
servers to simply gate what is in our LOCAL range.

So for Parker, if there was a IRLP here, it could be  IRLPPRKR and I could
use
IRLPPRKR=OBJECT,1,SAR  to gate just that one or I could use

IRLP*=OBJECT,1,SAR to gate all the IRLP's that pass through my server LOCAL
range filter.

However, having the callsign as the FROMcall opens a can of worms....simply
because you are mixing apples (APRS) and oranges (IRLP).

I still say stick these on FireNet and not offend those that do not want
this stuff on the APRS-IS and isave the self-serving opinions!

73  Jim