[aprssig] IGate test needed

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat Jan 29 11:52:46 EST 2005

On 1/29/05 at 9:42 AM Spider <spider at rivcom.net> sent:

>I can tell you that UI-View will gate this without any problem.  We do this
>on FireNet all the time.  It is a non-issue with UI-View.  Can not speak for
>the rest.

I thought UI-V used KISS for IGating a native appearing packet (rather than
using the third-party format), am I wrong? Unless I'm missing something, any
IGate that uses KISS and does not use third-party format for IGated packets will
choke on this, I do not see a way to cram seven bytes of callsign into the six
bytes allowed in AX-25. Although, since the last character appears to always be
a number, you could always send it as the SSID, though it would look a little
funny. However, the RF user does not need the number, so all you really need is
a unique ID, right?

Steve