[aprssig] IGate test needed

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sat Jan 29 11:42:36 EST 2005

Bob,

I can tell you that UI-View will gate this without any problem.  We do this
on FireNet all the time.  It is a non-issue with UI-View.  Can not speak for
the rest.

Just some thoughts/comments:

a.  Although PHG is useful to some, as an avid APRS user in the field, I do
not need to see this, it is not of any value to me and just takes up space
(my opinion).  I suspect this to be true for 98% of all APRS users.
b. Why on earth have the Packet in standard format and then have the
callsign lowercase....looks really bad.
c.  What is the ________  for?
d.  90% of the Igates are not going to gate these objects.
e.  I will be totally surprised that with will be acceptable on the APRS-IS.
You will have a handful of folks that will
    whine like stuck pigs that they do not want this stuff on the APRS-IS.
Good Luck!

73,

Jim, WA6OFT