[aprssig] New n-N Paradigm FACTS

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Jan 28 22:55:53 EST 2005

Roberto PU2UGK wrote  on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 4:08 PM PST

> I have tried to get APRSTEST.EXE but I think
> my provider [uol.com.br] are blocked there,
> then I can't get access to www.ew.usna.edu.
> Have you another site where I can get it ???

It isn't a problem with your ISP. It looks like the DNS for usna.edu isn't set up properly. See http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=usna.edu

See Henk's elegant solution Jan 26 for bypassing the flawed DNS by entering the site in your Windows hosts file.

FWIW, I could browse to www.ew.usna.edu without having to mess with the hosts file. It could be "luck of the draw" depending on which DNS server your ISP uses and whether they happen to retrieve working or bogus DNS info for the domain you are trying to browse to.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH