[aprssig] ER-xxxxxx

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Fri Jan 28 13:07:50 EST 2005

John Kraus wrote:

> I would second this request with a minor addition.
>
> I would like to see a block based on callsign with wild cards allowed.
> I would like to be able to block all the overseas bulletins by
> specifying a partial callsign.  IE /lu*,e*  etc.
>
> The range filter does no good if the packet has no location.
>
> To go with the idea below the filter could be extended to block or
> allow by symbol.
>
> If these are possible I have not been able to figure out how from the
> current filter.txt document.

There is currently no way to "block" anything.  All of the filters are
additive.  This means that when you first connect to port 14580 you see
basically nothing.  As you introduce filter paramaters, they add data to
your feed.

I have not yet heard anything from Roger Bille regarding progress toward
filter eliminations.

73
Phil - AD6NH
http://www.aprsca.net