[aprssig] ER-xxxxxx

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Fri Jan 28 09:26:07 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 9:12 AM
To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
Subject: Re: [aprssig] ER-xxxxxx

But for now, we have turned the experiment back off because of all the
groussing by internet APRS types who dont like their maps cluttered.  Though
in my opinion, APRS is not designed for the internet viewer (thats a niagra
falls of information that is of no tactical value until zoomed in to an RF
scale to an area of interest)...

APRS has as its end-user-objective, the real-time tactical data
comunications in the field on RF for the mobile or portable station or
participating station in support of local activities, events and
communications needs.
<<<

For what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree and look forward to the
experiment being "reactivated". It's *painfully* simple for internet viewers
to filter out classes of stations. My feed didn't include any of these
"stations", so I never got to see them myself, but I'm looking forward to
spending the few minutes required to filter out all but the stations of
local interest and gating to RF the nearby ones for the benefit of mobile
operators in the area. I've spoken to the "regular" mobile operators in the
area, and they're in favor of additional *useful* information being gated
out. Mind you, we're not in an especially busy area RF-wise.

Brad
VE3BSM