[aprssig] WX station transmit rate?

Russ Chadwick russ at wxqa.com
Wed Jan 26 21:14:35 EST 2005

On APRSWXNET/CWOP, we tell our data contributors to send at any rate they
wish, but we ask that they not send faster than 1 packet every 5 minutes.
We transfer the latest data to the NWS and other users once every 15
minutes, but have hope of increasing this to once every 5 minutes in the
future. This present rate of once every 15 minutes is dictated by the NOAA
MADIS program.  The Findu.com server can handle the 5 minute rate right now.

Russ  KB0TVJ
www.cwop.net