[aprssig] WX station transmit rate?

David Rush david at davidarush.com
Wed Jan 26 17:30:21 EST 2005

Are there any guidelines for the transmission rate of an ordinary weather
station?

Mine's transmitting every 15 minutes on a lightly-loaded network (Wyoming -
need I say more?).  Well, I guess it's lightly-loaded right here, but the
northern edge of the greater Denver metro area is within a couple of hops.

How about the path?  Here in Wyoming the weather can vary dramatically over
relatively small horizontal distances, due to varying elevation.
So I figure it would be useful for travellers (I'm along I-80) to have WX
info for greater distances than might be necessary in the flatlands.  I'm
currently using RELAY,WIDE, which is sufficient to get it into findu, which
is useful.

I have the only WX station on the air (no pun intended) in this area.

David, KY7DR, Laramie, WY