[aprssig] Pm maps 3.5 winaprs 277

Bill Bird billbird at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Jan 23 13:58:28 EST 2005

John,

I downloaded the Winaprs 2.7.6 version and it is working fine with my PM3.0.  I
hope the following info will help although you mentioned you are using PM3.5.  I
just put the executable in the same directory as was my Winaprs 2.5.1 and start
up the 276 instead of the 251 executable.  Everything, including detailed PM
maps works fine.  I did not think I'd be going beyond 251 and so appreciate the
special new Winaprs version (and hearing about it on this sig!!).  I'm using
Win95 on a 486, 32MB, and so far have only been using an internet connection
with KG0YJ-2 as I have have XASTIR running 2m RF on KNOPPIX linux, P500, 128MB
(KNOPPIX installed to hard disk - very nice).  I do not expect any problems with
Winaprs 276 and using my TNC.  My .ocx remains unchanged and is dated 1998.

When I've had no detailed maps with PM3.0 it is usually because I am not telling
the Winaprs software where the PM data is located and/or I have some problem
with the PM data.  In my case, I've placed the PM data on another computer's
hard drive in my house and connect to it as "i" drive.  The PM map window in
Winaprs is where you indicate the location of the PM data (a button along the
right side of window, PM options).

Thank you Winaprs and Xastir authors for some nice clients (and also aprs/dos
which I use in my VW Van camper with my $10 two serial port 286 laptop special
from 2003 Dayton Hamvention shopping)

73,

Bill Bird
Chesterfield, MO