[aprssig] WinAPRS internet feed filtering

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 11:23:41 EST 2005

Mark,

There are far too many possibilities for the filter command, so instead,
I've used this to have others read about some of them..

What I've suggested to my friends as has been stated here also, is to
put the filter servers url in the aprsserv.txt, or aprsxtra.txt, and
after connecting, send the filter they desire as a message to SERVER
with the filter command in the body and nothing else, I.E.

I've connected to indiana.aprs2.net:14580

The message of
"filter r/42/-88/200"  without the quotes of course.

You will receive an acknowledgment message from the server you connected to.

The description file is found here, among many other sites, and included
with some client software in the help files.

A window with something in it for prompting the user to log onto the
server with the filter string box to type something in and it would be
done when you are connecting to the server.

Thanks, the url:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/aprsca/filter.txt

Robbie