[aprssig] New Mexico and Arizona... New n-N Paradigm

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) ajfarmer at spenet.com
Wed Jan 19 19:55:22 EST 2005

>The New n-N Paradigm includes  no longer encouraging
>the use of RELAY,WIDE type paths which generage
>explosive dupes.  The fill-in digipeaters that used to be
>RELAY only should now support RELAY and WIDE2-2
>or be full WIDEn-N or SSn-N digis.

Bob,

I have a good grasp on the new N-N Paradigm, but the status of "RELAY" still
confuses me.  The universal path is now WIDE2-2.  You just said that current
"fill in" RELAY only digi's should now support *BOTH* aliases of RELAY *AND*
WIDE2-2.  Why then is RELAY still needed as an alias?  Is this just to
remain backwards compatible?  I would think that it would not be needed now.
Wouldn't fill in digi's be either RELAY or WIDE2-2 but not both?  Or are we
keeping RELAY to be backwards compatible to people still using RELAY,WIDE?
Please set me straight. ;-)

Thanks!

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com