[aprssig] Bob B statements

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Mon Jan 17 05:12:03 EST 2005

This is but an example of one of your ever increasing statements that causes
people to gravitate away from APRS forums that you use to spew your arrogant
and demeaning comments as well as any valuable statements you may have Bob.
Do you think that you will gain an audience if you denigrate one of the best
and most popular APRS clients with statements such as these?

APRS is evolving and has been evolving since it's inception. You brought a
great idea to fruition but now you complain about the other clients and
users who aren't doing it your way.

PHG range knowledge is not going to make any newcomer or for that matter,
anyone interested in APRS completely equipped to know of the workings of the
APRS RF network, connectivity, loading or proper RF settings. There are many
other factors than just PHG range.

There was recently an add on to the APRS client you referred to in your
statement to display the ALOHA circle. This client stands well by itself yet
also has been given the ability to have add ons written to enhance the
program.

Educating the new users and current users is surely a better way to help
those understand the network rather than your methods of demeaning and
proselytizing.

>But since one of the most popular "APRS" clients doesn't
>even display PHG ranges to its users, we are ending up with
>a generation of APRS users who are blind to the APRS RF
>network, connectivity, loading and proper RF settings.

>de Wb4APR, Bob

73,

Randy, KK6RW