[aprssig] APRS in SouthEast Ireland

John Ronan aprssig at ei7ig.org
Sun Jan 16 14:15:33 EST 2005

Hi there

On 16 Jan 2005, at 18:50, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> John,
> If TNC can only support one ALIAS make it WIDE
Thats what we reckoned, excellent.
> if it has multiple aliases use RELAY, WIDE, WIDE2-2 and ILAND2-2
> If it is a KPC-3+ with UIFLOOD and UITRACE support
> then make UITRACE be WIDE,30
> and make UIFLOOD be ILAND,30,NOID
>
> This will support users who use any of the APRS generic
> paths including WIDEn-N and ILANDn-N.  Eventually when
> you get more than about 100 users full time, then you
> can start doing some of them ore detailed stuff to cut down
> on interferece.

I've been reading your "Fixing the APRS Network" and other docs,  some
very cool ideas in there, its obvious a lot of people have spend a lot
of time discussing it.

Heh, I doubt there are 100 Packet users in EI never mind APRS users, if
we get to 100 APRS users, I'll send you over a nice bottle of whiskey,
how about that ?

Regards
de John
EI7IG