[aprssig] Earthquake in APRS?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 14 17:18:14 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Steve Dimse wrote:

> On 1/13/05 at 11:04 PM Wolf Hoeller <wolf.hoeller at gmx.net> sent:
>
> >Are earthquakedata feed on a regular basis into the APRS-IS?
> >I din't find a hint on findu.com for this.
> >In my understanding it must be a positionreport with tlm-data.
>
> Here is the link you are looking for:
>
> http://w9if.net/iweb/quakeaprs/

w9if and we7u (me!) feed data into aprs-is.  I limit them to
magnitude 3.0 and above.  I also feed quakes into firenet, with no
lower limit on the magnitude numbers.  That one's kind of fun
because you can see where the fault lines are quite easily on the
map due to all of those extra little quakes.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer