[aprssig] ax25 v 2.2

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Jan 14 13:24:07 EST 2005

For that matter, I don't know of any implementations that exactly follow the
2.0 spec.  They wouldn't work if they did.

2.2.6 Bit Stuffing
In order to assure that the flag bit sequence mentioned above doesn't appear
accidentally anywhere else in a frame, the sending station shall monitor the
bit sequence for a group of five or more contiguous one bits. Any time five
contiguous one bits are sent the sending station shall insert a zero bit
after the first one bit. During frame reception, any time five contiguous
one bits are received, a zero bit immediately following five one bits shall
be discarded.

Read that carefully - it says insert a zero bit after the FIRST one, and
remove a zero after the FIFTH one.

At least they seem to have fixed that in 2.2.  I tried contacting this group
to register a PID and never got anywhere.  Seems like a dead subject to me.

Scott
N1VG