[aprssig] ax25 v 2.2

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Jan 14 13:23:35 EST 2005

On 1/14/05 at 12:50 PM Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> sent:

>We must get them to open their eyes to recognize that
>APRS is a well established AX.25 application and they
>are being short-sighted in their new spec... (or at least
>the one I saw a year or so ago)...

Throughout the last 6 years I have been involved in TAPR, including 3 as a board
member, there has been no discussion of any change in the spec. In other words,
there is no development of it, no one to convice, no eyes to open. No one ever
impemented this new version, because it was never completed. I'm sure, were
someone to restart development of the spec, APRS could be accomodated, being the
largest user of AX-25. Further development seems unlikely, as no one really sees
any need...

Steve K4HG