[aprssig] Final version of New n-N aradigm

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jan 11 23:59:42 EST 2005

Wes KD4RDB wrote Tuesday, January 11, 2005 1:57 PM PST

> OK, UIview won't digi something it's just digipeated itself.. BUT the $64,000
> (or is it $65,536 question) is would UIview "yeild" to another digipeater?  Can
> UIview hold a packet for x number of seconds waiting to see if the big digi in
> town repeats it.

I think it is going to depend on the path of the original beacon. If it is something like RELAY,WIDE2-2 and it has already been through a RELAY, then UI-View32 isn't going to respond to the RELAY part of the path, but if it was set to respond to WIDEn-n, then it would digipeat the beacon. If it had been through a RELAY and one WIDEn-n digi, then that would still leave one WIDE left to go.

PS - no need to CC any reply to me. I just end up getting two copies then.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH