[aprssig] polling d700

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Jan 11 10:45:06 EST 2005

I asked a question on the sig the other day, not sure if it made it to the sig
though...

Does the kenwood d700 respond to polls?  Can I set my d700 to, say a 30 minute
beacon interval and just have someone poll it when they want to know where I
am?

If this were done at the digipeater level (ie the digi sends a direct packet),
then the digi could poll all the d700's individually as fast as the network
congestion would allow.  If the network got busy, the digi would have the sense
enough to slow the polling interval.  (my idea of a fictional digipeater)

Wes