[aprssig] Version 1.13 of APRS-SCS available

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Mon Jan 10 20:25:21 EST 2005

Hi All
           Version 1.13 of APRS-SCS is now on line and ready for your
down loading pleasure. Please go to
http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs/

Here is whats new in 1.13
Version 1.13
Incorporated the IGATE Feature into APRS-SCS
Thank You Pete AE5PL for answering the questions I had.
APRS-SCS can have a receive only IGATE (An IGATE that only sends what
it receives on RF to the APRS-IS)
Or a Bidirectional IGATE. (An IGATE that also sends messages it
receives via the APRS-IS to RF.)
The Bidirectional IGATE can be configured to only send messages to RF
that are for stations that have
been heard direct or one hop or 2 hops.
Also the Bidirectional IGATE has a hold off feature. The user can
configure the Bidirectional IGATE
to hold off sending a message to RF from zero to sixty seconds. If
during this hold off time period
the IGATE hears another IGATE send the same message to RF then APRS-
SCS will not send the message to RF.
APRS-SCS IGATE Buddy Feature:
The Buddy Feature can be configured to send to RF stations position
packets that the user has selected.
These Buddy position packets are only sent with a direct path. The
direct path is hard coded and is
not user configurable.
APRS-SCS IGATE National Weather Messages Feature:
APRS-SCS allows the user to select National Weather Messages to be
transmitted on RF.
Theses messages are transmitted using the IGATES Default Path.
The Wx messages feature can transmit group items. You do this by not
entering
the full call sign. For example the letters KB2 entered into the Wx
Message list would
cause APRS-SCS to transmit all Wx Messages starting off with KB2 to
be transmitted to
RF.
Coding the new IGATE Feature made it so I had to fix the DIGI form in
APRS-SCS.
In the past the digi form contained the latest digi path. This path
would not be the shortest path
that the packet took to reach this station.
Now APRS-SCS shows the true path that a packet took to reach this
station.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs