[aprssig] findU bogged down...

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Mon Jan 10 12:31:35 EST 2005

Any hosting places I've looked at stashing a colo machine in were more
expensive than taking their dedicated machine.. All in all I've seen about
500 a month for half a megabit and 8U.. Makes more sense for me to have
SDSL lines run here and put the hardware in my own rack where the K1XVM
I-Gate is.

You'd think it'd be cheaper to use your own machine, but apparently their
responsibility (and the fact they have to let you access it) makes it
inflated... So I've found anyway.

I'd be interested to find a reliable colocation that wasn't ridiculously
priced.. Perhaps I'd reconsider when one of the other ventures I'm working
with switches over to dedicated later in the year. :)

--Droo, @Network