[aprssig] Update - PIC-EL, MEPIS, Basic Stamp

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Jan 9 18:52:30 EST 2005

too expensive

went back to PIC's

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of scott at opentrac.org
Sent: Monday, 10 January 2005 9:21 AM
To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [aprssig] Update - PIC-EL, MEPIS, Basic Stamp

Is there much APRS experimentation going on with the Basic Stamps?  I've
never used them myself.  I've got a version of the OpenTracker almost ready
to go that fits in the same footprint, and should be pin-compatible with the
BS2 as far as the power pins and such are concerned.  No particular reason
for that, but they had to go somewhere and I figured that might allow it to
be used on a BS2 carrier board.

I haven't found a good source for the press-fit edge pins like the BS2 uses,
though... and I'm a little worried about the feasibility of installing them
by hand.  For now I'm just using regular 0.1" pin headers instead.

Scott
N1VG