[aprssig] HRU 2005

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jan 8 13:05:04 EST 2005

Great work John!

1) Stress that seeing "more" guarantees LESS reliablity
2) APRS success is measured by comms reliabilityy, NOT numbers of stns
3)) Stress the importance of the universal ALOHA technique
    which works everywhere to quantify the usability of APRS
    independent of topology, and number of digi's etc..
4) Stress that 1 hop  will work almost everywhere on the
    eastern seaboard.
5) Stress that just using 2 hops QUADRUPLES the load on the
    network and drops the efficiency by a factor of 4.
6) The ultimate path will be WIDE2-2 on the East coast
    and it can work in all digis, including the old Paccomm TRACE
    digis especially if they are well located! (they simlply support
    the single hop of "WIDE2-2"

That is where I am now headed with this.
I'm working on a UNIVERSAL WIDE2-2 WEB page...

thanks
Bob

>>> kb2scs at optonline.net 1/8/05 12:08:35 PM >>>
Hi All
          Sorry for the short notice. Tomorrow I will be holding an
APRS forum at HRU 2005.
Another forum was cancelled and I volunteered to replace it with an
APRS forum.

HRU 2005 is located on Long Island NY.
The forum is going to be what the audience wants it to be.
It could be a simple question and answer period or it could be a
discussion on the APRS RF network for the NY tri-state area.

What type of forum I end up with depends on who shows up for the
forum.

If you are interested then please go to
http://www.hudson.arrl.org/nli/hru2005.htm

The original forum was Ham Radio And Computers.
If you look at the forum schedule you will see the above.
This is when the APRS forum will be held 9:00 am to 9:50am local
time.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs