[aprssig] 9600Baud TNC

ROBERT M KING krm6 at msn.com
Sat Jan 8 13:00:05 EST 2005

Bob mentioned something about 9600 Baud TNC's being expensive.

Here is one that costs less than a Kantronics KPC3+ and works very well at
both 1200 and 9600 Baud.  It also works with USB and serial ports.

http://www.tnc7multi.de/

I am using two of the TNC7multi's on 440.875Mhz 9600 Baud APRS in the Puget
Sound region of Washington State.
I am also using an earlier version TNC2multi with UIDIGI stand-alone for
APRS at 9600 Baud.  This one has been going for a year now with no problems.
The TNC2multi TNC is no longer available.

The TNC7multi TNC is distributed by WIMO.
http://www.wimo.com/frameset_e.html

The only "problem" is the instruction manual is in German and no English
translation is available.
My German is very poor.  But I had only minor problems setting these up for
APRS.

Bob King
K7OFT
krm6 at msn.com