[aprssig] 9600 baud SuperSite for LA - Microwave in the works

Frank Keeney - KG6JVE kg6jve at pasadena.net
Fri Jan 7 00:55:52 EST 2005

I have a 2.4GHz link on a major mountain at 5600' in the LA area 5 miles
from my home in Pasadena. I've tested 2 megabits of speed 13 miles away with
an 18dbi panel. It's probably good for much farther with a higher gain
antenna. I have another mountain top hopefully becoming available soon. If
you can see Mt. Wilson, let me know if you'd like to connect. Also, let me
know if you have a mountain top or high rise rooftop available to assist in
building the backbone.

My goal is to build a tcp/ip data microwave backbone around the greater Los
Angeles area. The specific purpose of this network is for experimentation,
testing and education. APRS, Echolink, ATV video streaming and other amateur
applications will be critical for the success of this network.

Los Angeles Area Wireless Research Network: http://www.laawrn.org

Thank you

Frank, KG6JVE