[aprssig] 9600 baud SuperSite for LA

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jan 6 18:30:04 EST 2005

More inputs on the 9600 baud Super site:

1) One of the local TNC's can be on the tracker input of 144.99
2) Another one can be on a link from San DIego
3) Another one can be on a SPECIAL VHF freq for use
    by special people or events
Since the ROUTER does dupe elimination and seamlessly
inserts ALL packets into the 9600 baud stream, you can
easily use these multiple receivers to spread out the local
QRM load tremendousely.

Just remember that anthing that comes into the router from
other than a local 144.39 ALOHA area wont be heard by
anyone else except the Super Users and the internet.

For this reason, you could make an exception for the low
power 144.99 tracker channel and let it digipeat back to
144.39.  I'd do it at low power so that it can be heard
donw in the ALOHA areas if the channel is clear, but if
not, it is so weak as not to QRM any of the lower digis.

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 1/6/05 3:08:53 PM >>>
I can't resist.  I consolidated all the topics relating to
a SUPER-SITE at 9600a baud and made a WEB page:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/superlan.html

It condenses all the 9600 baud UHF stuff that has been
on the bottom of my "fix14439" web page into a good
concrete example...   de Wb4APR, Bob